CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 26, 2007

Every Monday morning, I get up with the intention of following my exercise/eating/ writing/etc. routine better than the week before (that usually lasts until Tuesday night). I keep thinking I'll get caught up eventually, and I'm still shooting for that, but man, it's taking a long time. I really had no clue how much I had going on. I just keep reminding myself that I am making progress, slowly but surely. Unfortunately, my rabbit mentality doesn't care for this turtle pace - hehehe.

I've started my first scrapbooking project and find the process highly addictive. I love it! I'm almost done with our St. Thomas pictures. Only a few thousand other pictures left beyond those! *sigh* At least most of the others are in albums, so they're protected. Right now I'm focusing on the ones not in albums yet.

I got my MIL's quilt loaded onto the quilting frame late last week and started quilting it. I started out with my old machine on the frame, but it didn't work well. Once I changed it out with the new one (I was hoping to keep the new one free cause it's a pain in the butt to change out when you have a quilt on the frame), things went a lot easier. I have a lot of stitches to remove from my failed attempt, but no biggie. At least now I know where I'm going. I have a friend's baby quilt to do and another friend I'm helping with her whole nursery, so time is getting precious. Luckily, on the nursery, there are seven of us working on it - two husbands for wood-working (including the dad-to-be), two seamstresses, the mom-to-be to supervise, and two painters/whatever else they'd like to do's. Our plan is to be done by the shower date of March 31. Piece a cake. Hehehe (nervous laughter). :-)

And of course, spring is on its way. I already feel the urge to get out in the yard and dig. Which brings me to another gripe - how can we have so much ice and already the weeds in my flower beds are at full height? I looked outside Satuday and wanted to scream! But I didn't...I just thanked God I don't spend 40+ hours at the day job anymore. Gotta stay in gratitude, right? Right! So thank you, my precious Lord, that I have such an abundance of things to enjoy/gripe about!

I've got to get some writing done today too, so I'd better get busy. Love you all and hope to see you soon!

~pinkie

2 flies caught in my web:

Bobby D. said...

Hi, just discovered you here, i am thinking about making a scrapbook, but i want to assemble a lot of artsy stuff so I don't have to rely on the stuff at the crafts store for decoration. I saw a book a friend got, a Bob Dylan scarpbook-- with baby pics and ticket stubs and misc, it was a pretty cute idea, and you could look at it for an hour, really well-designed.

The Pink Spyder said...

When we went to St. Thomas, I saved our boarding stubs and picked up brochures from everywhere we went - anything I thought I could use in the scrapbook. My sister gave me some great advice - always get two of everything so you can use things that are on the front and back. Good luck with your project!