CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 01, 2006

I'm so sorry I've been away from the web so long, but I've been one busy, busy spyder. Changing your entire diet, adding exercise (both cardio and weight training) is a full time job and plus my real full time job. I am hopping from the time I get up in the morning until I go to bed. Once I get the eating, etc., down to a routine, I should have a bit more free time. Of course, then I'll immediately take it all up with writing!!

Okay - update on me....

Got some potentially good news at the doctor's yesterday. I had my PET scan last week and it didn't show much of anything which may mean the cancer cells haven't gathered in sufficient quantities (it takes like, a million cells in one spot to show up) to show yet. The biopsy also showed them somewhat scattered in the pelvic region. Hopefully that means they've just gotten started and I have a chance to get my diet, etc., down before they start doing their degeneration thing.

I also had my first IV treatment with Zometa (I think that's right) yesterday. It took about 20 minutes. The nurse was pretty rough with the needle, and if she does it again, I'll request she not do it anymore. It hurt almost the whole time. The last time it hurt like that, I ended up with phlebitis, and I don't need that complication right now. I woke up last night with my arm bones and shoulder and wrist joints really hurting from the medication, but a Percocet fixed that right up. They're fine this morning.

I'll have blood tests (to monitor my kidneys) and the IV treatments every four weeks, have a CT scan in 3 months and then see my doctor again. Oh, and guess what else - the fun just never stops. You're gonna love this. I have to have a colonoscopy. Oh doody! (As Tweety would say...) The PET scan showed extra activity in the colon. The doctor doesn't think it's cancer, but she said, "Well, you'll have to have one eventually..." so here I go. Ah well.

I'm headed off to my mom's place this afternoon for the weekend. I'll fly to Dallas to meet my sister and we'll fly together from there. Now that really is a yippee of the highest order. Got to see my critique buds last night and mom and sis this weekend - that alone should raise my survival percentage by a few points!!

I'm behind on my work, so I'd better get my day started. Just wanted to pop in and let you all know I'm doing well and my spirits are up. Don't worry if you don't hear from me for a few days because I will be working madly next week to get caught up. Love you all, and I pray God's blessings on you daily!

~pinkie

5 flies caught in my web:

Rinda Elliott said...

As you can tell, I'm checking on your updates. Thanks for keeping me up to date. My thoughts are with you so much right now. Love ya!

Mike Mazzo said...

It's good to hear your spirits are up. Hope your weekend with your mom and sister is just what the doctor ordered. We might need to have a little discussion with your nurse. Tell her the "Outlaws" don't like needle happy nurses.

Anonymous said...

Mom sent your blog address to me so that I can keep up with you. You're in my thoughts and prayers always. Your strength is amazing!
Can you believe that Macy started Kindergarten this year? I can't imagine sending her to college! Your son must be really excited.

The Pink Spyder said...

Yeah, Sara! I'll tell her you'll get her if she mistreats me again. I swear, you really need to be an honorary spider!!
~pinkie

Di said...

My internet was down all weekend. So glad to see your post, Pinkie. You amaze me, girl, you really do...but I've been telling you that for several years now, haven't I? **LOL**

Glad to hear about the IV treatments. You've got my prayers, well wishes, and all-around good vibes comin' your way, darlin'!

Di