CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Ah Grandkids....

The dh and I took our oldest grandson to the aquarium this past Thursday and spent the night in the RV at the lake, and we had such a great time. Kids are so fun. I'm convinced our time with them adds years to our lives. I always knew I'd love being Nana, but it has exceeded my wildest expectations.

Wednesday was my 9th anniversary. I can't believe it's been that long already. My life has surely changed in that time. There hasn't been a single part untouched - spiritual, physical, emotional, professional. It's been a beautiful 9 years.

This next weekend I'm off to Big D to celebrate my daughter's 26th birthday. My sister and I are flying her in for hers and her cousin's birthdays (the cousin's was 3 months ago). They're very close and have been missing each other a lot since they live so far apart. My parents and my aunt will be there - yay! The kids used to go spend a couple weeks every summer with my aunt, and they have so many fond memories. Next spring we're going to try to plan an extended family trip to Branson. Silver Dollar City is right up my dad's alley.

My local scrapbooking store had a 'garage' sale today. People from the area package their unused scrapbooking materials and tools and sell them cheap. I got a ton of stuff for not much money. That's how I like to shop, baby!

I'd better run. I have at least two manuscripts to get ready for the big Golden Heart contest coming up. I'd like to get three revised in time, but we'll see. I learned another big thing this year so maybe this is the year. I'm really ready to run out of big things that prevent sale to learn about. Surely I'll have them all down eventually, right? I mean, I've been so close for so long. *sigh* I keep telling myself this will make me that much more successful in the long run.

Speaking of great books - I'm currently reading P. C. Cast's Goddess of the Rose. IT IS AWESOME. I want to live in the Realm of the Rose. I'm ashamed to say this is the first of hers that I've read, but it will not be the last. She has a way with fantasy that I haven't seen in a long time. I almost couldn't put it down to go to bed last night, and I'm only on page 159. That's unusual for me to get that hooked that early.

Talk to you all again soon!
~pinkie

2 flies caught in my web:

PC Cast said...

The first of my books you've read? Tsk! Well, at least you chose one of my personal favorites with which to begin. Enjoy your vacation in the Realm of the Rose...

The Pink Spyder said...

I know! I'm kicking myself as we speak! And yes, I am enjoying it very much.