CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Great day today

On the trusty MP3: The slow version of Eric Clapton's "Layla"

What am I reading while I wait for my PREORDERED copy of Rachel Vincent's PRIDE to come in (even though Walmart has tons of copies - I'll never trust Amazon again!)

Vanished (Silhouette Nocturne)
by Maureen Child

Now this book fits my definition of a grabber. I've hardly been able to put it down since I started it. The hero is the height of sexy and the heroine is independent without being TSTL (too stupid to live). She does manage to get herself into trouble and need rescuing, but in ways that make perfect sense. Ms. Child's demons are less like the modern version (which so often end up being heroes) and more like the demons of old. The only thing that bothers me is that the author keeps repeating that the demons can't be killed in this dimension. I'm wondering why she chose that particular rule. She mentions it in almost every demon confrontation, so it seems very important to her that the hero doesn't kill them. I'd just as soon he dispatched them for good.

At any rate, the issue isn't enough to distract me from the excellent story. I love a book that lets me be a reader instead of an ever-critiquing writer. That's a rare quality indeed.

I designated today as a writing day since I didn't get much done last week due to an overabundance of medical appointments. I got a ton done on the WIP - yay! Tomorrow is errands day and catch up on some housework, and then hopefully I can devote the early part of Thursday to writing again.

I'm eager to see how Vanished ends, so must sign off now. Love to all!

~pinkie

0 flies caught in my web: