CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Fabulous Salmon Salad

Found a recipe today that is super delicious (actually I found it a long time ago but just now tried it today - hehehe).

Old Fashioned Salmon Salad:

While grilling 2-4 portions of salmon with salt and pepper,

In a blender combine:

1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup cherry preserves (I used no sugar added cherry pie filling)
2 T cider vinegar
2 tsp mustard (sounds weird but really yummy)

Set aside.

Dice:
1 pear
1 avocado
4 green onions

and mix with 1 c. chopped almonds (use honey glazed or raw - I used raw)

Layer a few baby spinach leaves (1/4 to 1/2 cup) on each plate, add your diced mixture, top with salmon and drizzle with cherry dressing. Serve with heated flour tortillas (heat them up with a bit of italian cheese to add dairy to this nutrient packed meal).

I absolutely stuffed myself. Happy eating everyone!
~pinkie

1 flies caught in my web:

Jolie Mathis said...

Oh, YUM! I am going to try this recipe. It sounds great, and best of all -- SIMPLE!