CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 02, 2009

NaNo Boo Boo

Halloween was pretty darn cool this year. Quite a few kids moved onto the block this year, so we gave away most of the candy we bought. I love seeing the kids' costumes. My stepdaughter has moved back in with us for a while, so I got to see one of her costumes and a picture of the other. She and her friends are so cute all dressed up.

Opened NaNo on Sunday morning with 745 words. Not a great start, but I discovered I needed work on my GMC's and got that out of the way. Used one of my favorite resources, Techniques of the Selling Writer by Dwight Swain. WARNING: His is an advanced book for those who've mastered the beginning principles of writing. If you don't get what he says now, keep coming back as you learn more and his principles will make better sense.

Hope to get more writing done today if I can get to feeling better. Had a hard time getting out of bed. Four more days of bad before the body starts to bounce back. Ugh. Been a long week. Two of my buddies got around 2500 words done yesterday, so that's got me really encouraged. I've got to catch up! :-)

I can't believe I'm only on Day 6 of my treatment cycle. Yesterday I told Mom I just wanted to go by the hospital and get one of those mega-painkiller shots. *sigh* Today is the same as several issues conspire to get me down. Cancer in liver kills the appetite, pain meds stall digestion, chemo causes mouth irritation (feels kind of like invisible canker sores). I had forgotten what chemo was like, but I'm thinking I'm doing better this time than last, espcially since I'm not doing 'speed-chemo'. We'll see how the second half of the cycle does. Looking forward to losing hair probably in about 4 or 5 weeks.

Well, off to drink the lemony wonder that is magnesium citrate! TTYS.
~pinkie

0 flies caught in my web: