CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 30, 2009

NaNo - And Everything Else - My Way

I've been writing down all non-scheduled meds in a date book, and last night's entries were quite numerous. Not a lot of sleeping done but I feel pretty good nontheless. I have a feeling nights are going to be my enemies in the foreseeable future.

Got my NaNoWriMo launch email today (squeal!). For my non-writing friends, NaNo is National Novel Writing Month held at this time each year (nanowrimo.org). Participants strive to write a novel from scratch during the month of November. No editing - only fresh rough material.

I'm excited and want to start *now*. Known for being a rebel (quit laughing all you out there!), I'm doing a slightly different take on NaNo from the straight and narrow. Funny, because this is my first year to do it 'officially' signing up on the website and all. You'd think I'd follow the rules...LOL.

Anyway, I'm revamping a previous work of which I've saved a few scenes, the title, and the names of the characters. During NaNo, I'll be completing the rough draft of the main part of the book. Technically, you're supposed to start with nothing more than an outline and plot notes. I'm super-excited about this book, tho, and can't imagine working on anything else.

I'd better get busy organizing my stuff. Only today and tomorrow left until writing begins. Woo hoo!!

~pinkie

2 flies caught in my web:

Kathleen said...

OK, You've officially inspired me to do NaNoWriMo this year, sqeeee! But with my own take on it, like you :-)

Anonymous said...

yee-haw! It's NaNo time. Saddle up and hold on to your hat! It's going to be a bumpy ride. lol You have a great story idea, Pinkie. I'm excited to read it. Oh man, I can't believe it's November already. October went by too quick.
luv -S