CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 05, 2009

Throw Your Arms High in the Air..........

..........'cause today has been designated CHEMOCOASTER DAY!!

I woke up feeling pretty darn good. My appetite was close to normal and food tasted more like it should. I had forgotten how chemo distorts the taste of food. I ate the biggest breakfast (2 pcs of toast) since all this started.

Then I found out my cell phone had died in the night. I bought it less than a month ago, so I was hoping I could just call in and get it taken care of. If I were able to run around, the phone option would have been fine, I'm sure.

While I thought about what to do, I decided to make banana pancakes. Unfortunately, by the time I got them made, I was too tired to eat. My appetite was gone.

I laid down for a while, then called Sprint to deal with the phone. We tried to reset it but no luck. She said I had to take it in. I asked her if she could just do the return and sell me a new phone, she said I should take it in so that if they could fix it, I would have service while I waited for the new phone to come in.

So I called my mother-in-law who was kind enough to give me a ride to the Sprint store. They couldn't get the phone working either. They processed the return. They don't carry the phone I want, the HTC Touch Pro 2 in the store, so they got my phone-before-last working and instructed me to call from home to order the TP2.

Yes, I'm back at the house on the phone. This time, however, it all works and my purchase is complete.

My pain, unfortunately, is spiking and my novel is calling my name. I'm loving the plot and characters. *sigh*

Two of my critique partners and I signed up for the Golden Heart this year, so NaNo has another dimension of importance to it. Got to get the ms done for the contest.

My granddaughter just visited me, so it looks like I'm ending the day on an upbeat. She brought me a beautiful necklace and a cake she picked out for me. She has great taste! Nothing like family, is there? And truly great friends....like you!

Love ya!
~pinkie

1 flies caught in my web:

Laura said...

So sad about the pancakes!