CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Writing and Dieting

Two major focusses of my life right now. Either can be excruciating or euphoric.

Right now the writing is euphoric. Just got back from my RWA chapter's annual writing retreat with 14 other fabulous Outlaws. Our guest speaker is a reader for a major agency, and she let us send in a chapter and synopsis ahead of time and made *very* thorough comments on them. I'm telling you, this gal went above and beyond - aided, I must say, by another favorite OKRWA member (you know who you are and how we love you!!)

They set up the openings of each submission and we read them as a group, and it was really eye-opening to see how each individual element (Title, first line, first paragraph and first page) were perceived by each reader. Plus we learned that we're a very talented chapter. I want to finish all the books we read the first page of.

I also love the book I'm currently working on. It's a paranormal historical, and I've decided to do it in first person, which is weird because I've never had the desire to try first person. Will let you know how that goes.

The diet front, however........*sigh* I'm starting over again with a vengeance. Trying to lose 20 lbs by Thanksgiving. Yes, that's a very ambitious goal, especially considering my dismal failures of this year. What am I doing differently? Extreme calorie control (not extreme restriction). I'm eating cereal and 1 fruit for breakfast; protein bar, 8 oz 1% milk and 1 fruit for lunch; and, a Healthy Choice entree and 1 fruit for dinner. For my flat-belly MUFA (monounsaturated fatty acid), I'll have 6 semi-sweet chocolate morsels with each meal. Drink 64 oz of iced water. Let's see....what else.....oh yeah. Exercise. Bleh!

For my exercise, I do Wii DDR (Dance dance revolution) 1 hour 4 times per week, Yogilates starting with 15 minutes and working up to 30 minutes 3-4 times per week, and weight training twice per week. All of which I need to do today since yesterday was crazy.

Gotta get busy now....exercising and not writing, darn it!

Good luck to us all!
~pinkie

0 flies caught in my web: